Mercedes unveils new top of the line X-Class

Now comes with a V6.

With the unveiling of the new X-Class model, this makes it the fourth premium pick-up truck in the X-Class range by Mercedes. The other three models being the X 200, X 220d, and the X 250d. The newest member of the X-Class will be called X 350d 4MATIC and will make its official debut at the grand stage of the 2018 Geneva Motor Show.

The X 350d will come with a 3.0 liter turbocharged V6 diesel, which will produce 258-horsepower. Torque produced by the truck will be around 405 pound-feet (550 Nm) and will be available in the lower range 1400 – 3200 rpm. Coupled with a 7G-Tronic 7-speed automatic gearbox, Mercedes claims that the car will do 0-62 mph (100 km/h) in 7.9 seconds. The car’s 4MATIC will be a permanent four-wheel-drive system, with 60 percent of the torque going to the rear wheels, and the other 40 percent going to the front. The car will have 3 different 4WD modes, which will change the differential locking in the car to have the optimal traction based on current conditions.

The car will also have five different driving modes, which includes Eco, Comfort, Sport, Manual and Offroad. Drivers can change the driving modes based on how they want the car to react to their throttle’s input. Each of the driving modes will control the engine and transmission behavior. For example, in Eco mode, the car will have less responsive throttle inputs and will try to stay at lower rpm. And in Offroad mode, the car will have more responsive and sharper throttle response, and will stay at higher ranges of rpm.

The X 350d will be available in two different trim options, Progressive and Power. The former will be the cheaper option, which includes 17-inch 6-spoke alloy wheels, leather steering wheel, chromed air vents and 8 speakers all around the car. The latter and the more expensive option will include 18-inch 6-spoke alloy wheels, chrome skid plates and rear bumper, better LED headlights, and electrically-powered seats.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.